A region that got rich on coal and steel and nowadays attracts visitors to its industrial monuments and mountains. It is also the birthplace of Sigmund Freud and Leoš Janáček. Discover it from a bird's-eye view!
Facts about Moravia-Silesia Region:
- Area 5,400 km2
- Population 1.2 million
- Geography: the Beskids and Jeseníky Mountains, Odra River plains
- Borders with Slovakia and Poland
- Heavy industry and mining heritage
- Undergoing transformation
- Rich cultural and historical heritage
- Birthplace of Leoš Janáček
A region that got rich on coal and steel. Today it attracts visitors to its industrial monuments and mountains. Birthplace of Sigmund Freud and Leoš Janáček.
With its rich history, stunning architecture and beautiful skyline Prague attracts visitors from all over the world. But there is much more to see in Czechia.