Explore the Pardubice Region from above!
Lying mostly in Bohemia with a small portion of its territory in Moravia, the Pardubice Region has a varied terrain ranging from mountains to river plains. Combining modernity and heritage, it features beautiful castles and chateaux, a long tradition of horse-breeding and racing, and a musical connection as the birthplace of composers Bedřich Smetana and Bohuslav Martinů. It is also famous for its sweet gingerbread!
Facts about Pardubice Region:
- Area 4,500 km2
- Population 520,000
- Geography: Iron Mountains, Elbe River plains
- Chemical industry heritage
- Undergoing transformation
- The National Stud Farm in Kladruby nad Labem
- Two UNESCO Word Heritage Sites