Presidential candidate Andrej Babiš cancels public appearances after receiving death threat
Presidential candidate Andrej Babiš cancelled his planned trip to Hradec Králové on Tuesday and announced that he would not make any more public appearances until the elections runoff after having received an anonymous death threat. He said he had reported the matter to the police. Last week Mr. Babiš said his wife has received an envelope with a bullet and an anonymous note full of insults.
His rival, General Petr Pavel, had to cancel Tuesday's planned meeting with voters in Příbram due to a bad viral infection. Voters will go to the polls on Friday to elect a successor to Miloš Zeman whose second term in office ends on March 8.