Patrons suffer monoxide poisoning in bar

Seven people at a bar on the outskirts of Olomouc suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in the early hours of Saturday. At around 1 am customers began complaining they were feeling ill and two fell unconscious; all seven were transferred to a nearby hospital for treatment. The accident was likely caused by chimney or flue blockage and is now under investigation. Fire fighters aired out the venue but have ordered the proprietor not to use the gas furnace until the problem is resolved.

Author: Jan Velinger