Kubice closes a corruption hotline

Interior Minister Jan Kubice has decided to close a corruption hotline he says is not effective enough. The 199 line on which people could call in suspicions of corruption was launched more than four years ago and has since cost nearly 12 million crowns. At the end of last year only 30% of the 25,000 calls the line had received were deemed relevant. Only twelve criminal complaints were filed based on information from the calls; the remaining 70% were generally either systematic callers or wrong numbers.