Doctors warn parents about dangerous magnetic construction set

Doctors from the Brno Children's Hospital have warned parents about the dangers of a construction toy set sold in the Czech Republic. The set is made up of small magnetic balls that hold together and which small children can easily swallow. The hospital says doctors have given emergency treatment to twenty children this year alone after they swallowed the small balls. Four children had to undergo surgery. The Czech Trade Inspection Authority is looking into the matter. Although the set contains a warning saying it is unsuitable for young children, toddlers usually swallow the toy parts when older siblings are playing with them or have left them lying around.