Children will need own travel IDs from Wednesday

As of Wednesday children will have to have their own identity papers when travelling abroad. The papers may consist of a passport or ‘child’s ID’, which can replace a passport within the EU. Until now, parents have been able to have their children registered in their own ID papers. As of the beginning of next year, children’s documents will also have to include biometric data that will be valid for five years. The changes are required by European Union directives.