Three people suspended over raid at Czech Television

Czech Defense Minister Alexander Vondra has suspended from office the head of the Czech military police Vladimir Ložek and two commanders over the storming of offices at Czech public television’s news desk on Friday. The incident happened during the station’s prime time newscast which broadcast live shots of a heavily armed and masked military commando forcing its way into the building and storming the office of three editors. The search took over five hours and the police eventually left with sacks of confiscated property including computers, notes, tapes film footage and contacts. The commando had a court order and was reportedly searching for a military intelligence file that one of the editors had previously acquired. Czech Television says it is filing criminal charges against the military police and has sent a letter of complaint to the prime minister. The head of Czech TVs news desk said the commando had taken information relating to news stories about the defense ministry that he feared could be misused.