High number of carbon monoxide poisonings reported in Prague

Prague rescue services have been called to a number of cases related to carbon monoxide poisoning this week, as the unusually high temperatures caused leaks from boilers and other gas appliances. A 60-year old man died on Friday and several other people had to be taken to hospital throughout the week. Rescue services say the problem is caused by low atmospheric pressure combined with high temperatures, and urge people to ventilate their homes properly and set up alarms to detect the odourless gas.

Author: Ruth Fraňková