Death toll from methanol poisoning reaches 22

The death toll from contaminated bootleg liquor in the Czech Republic has reached twenty-two. An autopsy conducted on a woman who died at home has confirmed death from methanol poisoning. A 29-year-old man from south Moravia who had been in critical condition for over a week also died on Tuesday. The man reportedly ordered the lethal liquor on the Internet. Meanwhile four more people are reported to have been hospitalized in Ostrava and Karvine in Moravia after drinking spirits they had at home. More than 35 people remain in hospital in different parts of the country, though most of the cases have occurred in Moravia.